Joanne - Lady Gaga Album Review

08:41


Lady Gaga is nothing more than a martyr of her art and the pioneer of a generation. She is the walking prospect of individuality and has dedicated her life (and her heart) to the freedom of us 'monsters', as the Queen herself used to put it, who sometimes feel trapped by the harsh lines society has ruled out for us.
this cover does something to me that I can't explain

Hey Girl (see what I did there), Gaga's first solo album since ARTPOP, which was a striking three years ago, has just blossomed into the world and I don't think we were ready for it. ARTPOP and Joanne are complete opposites; the prior, which heightened the madness of Gaga, an insane, fierce bitch I fell in love with doesn't cast a shadow on her latest; an album which, to the very core, is a muse of life and love.

Don't get me wrong, I still love ARTPOP and it is sickening - but, in my opinion, with the otherworldly album of 2016, there is no comparison.

Was it worth the wait? Absolutely.
Am I listening to it on repeat at least 12 hours a day? What else would I be doing with my life?
Have I scoured the internet for the infamous pink hat?  No Comment.

Me Repeatedly Wagging My Fierce Finger
'Joanne' isn't just another pop album, it is undoubtedly a work of art and I fail to believe that it is not a part of Gaga herself. She has poured her soul into this album and through the sheer rawness it and the air surrounding it, it is clear that Joanne is a part of Lady Gaga's identity and has shaped her as an artist, a performer, and a person.

The album cover itself doesn't even make clear who the artist is and what the title of the album - Joanne shaped Gaga just as much as Gaga crafted Joanne.

This review will give a fanatic rundown of some of the FIERCE AF SONGS on this FIERCE AF ALBUM. I literally can not get over it. 

Let's Get Started.

Diamond Heart

What an opening number, the autobiographical song embodies everything Joanne is about. This is up there with my favourites of the album. 

This song is so strong, it is unapologetic on a human level. Think 'No Regrets' by Dappy but like... decent with a good beat, melody and singer.

Actually, forget about Dappy, the entirety of the song is about Gaga standing on her own - dancing through life with a sea of glitter varnished with a hint of insecurity and the heart of a troubled mind that has come to terms with her weaknesses and turned them into strength.

What really gets me in this song are the two beats on the 'girlfriend' in the pre-chorus. Don't ask me why, but my body literally convulses at the sound. That's another thing about this album, you don't just listen to it you can literally feel the music and I am living for that.
When Diamond Heart Consumes My Body

A-Yo

This is the fun, campy clappy song of the album we all needed and deserved. It has the sassy heart we all need.

With Gaga on the drums and Mark Ronson playing bass, it's a musical masterpiece and a literal dream for those of us who are 'family'. It's definitely not my favourite on the album but nonetheless, I could see my feather boa and heels emerging with the beat of this song.

With hints of Taylor Swift's Shake it Off and a strong helping of ARTPOP's Manicure, the third buzz single of the album is a toe-tapping, slitter-shimmering , tongue-popping beat with all the sequined embellishments I will ever need.

Joanne

Way to grab my heart and rip it straight from my chest - thanks, Gaga.

For the title single of the album, its is weaved with heartbreak and every time I listen to it I am speechless - it is so raw and expresses genuine heartbreak I am left in whimpering tears, I don't think that has anything to do with being a huge drama queen or anything...


I know this is only a couple of songs but I'm not gonna lie I felt like I was just saying the same thing and I wouldn't want to put you through that.

Anyway: Joanne is fierce, raw and impenetrable - I am living for this work of art.


Tata for now,

Charlie


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Goodbye For Now

Get In Touch!

Name

Email *

Message *